Data for Southern African pilchard (2007-2016)
1. Source of capture tonnage : Reference 1 (below).
2. (a) The capture tonnage used for reduction (except for Norway pout) is estimated using the proportions of total capture used for reduction for each of the top 20 capture species in nine geographical regions for 2007-2011 obtained from Reference 2 (below). For any regions where this is not available, the lowest proportion for the species in any region is used. In this way, column 5 is derived from column 4.
(b) The capture tonnage used for reduction for Norway pout is assumed to equal total capture based on Reference 3 (below).
1. FAO FishStat 'Capture Production 1950-2016 (Release Date: 15th March 2018).'
2. Assessing Environmental Sustainability And Value Addition Opportunities For By-Products From Aquaculture (2014). Appendix 1. Richard Newton
3. "Fishsource Norway pout: North Sea, Skagerrak and Kattegat". Accessed at https://www.fishsource.org/stock_page/1851 on 24.05.2019